Thursday 11 April 2013

Rhinhart Rocks – Driven Serious – the importance of being serious

Group - Driven Serious
Album title - The Importance of being Serious
Genre - Goth, Gypsy, Darkwave










Track Listing

1) Living for the Day

2)Buddhas in the Emptiness

3) Venus Star

4) Accidental Crimes

5) World of Fear

6) Through these Eyes

7) Snowdrop

8) Dharma Streams

9) The Last Time

10) Crucifix Kiss

11) Truth will out

12) Buddhas in the Emptimess 2


The importance of being serious is the first album from Driven Serious. I have to admit that, until I was given a copy of the album I hadn't heard of them so I did not know what to expect, the album actually came to me via Mrs Rhinhart who asked me to do this review as a favor.

The first track I heard was Accidental Crimes (actually the 4th track, a hazard of leaving my music player on random) and, as the soft vocals were joined by violin chords I was reminded of the early albums by (Aurelio) Voltaire, reassessment of songs such as demon slayer and crusade. As the album continued I was impressed by the soud and tone, swinging from Voltaire esq darkwave goth to songs reminiscent of the cure but still able to maintain their own sound.

the importance of being serious has quite a hypnotic tone keeping the keeping the listener (or at least me) entranced with soft flowing gipsy violins, good vocals and gothic melodies and I found myself wanting more when it came to an end
 
you can visit Driven Serious's web site here  for more information and listen to some tracks at sound cloud here and like their facebook here


No comments:

Post a Comment